INSTAGRAM

Sunday, June 16, 2013

Retro Radiance

With warmer weather comes the influence of warmer hues.
This vibrant floral is from Irina Kurtz's Spoonflower shop Chulabird, and it reminds me of 1960s daisy prints.
Lately, with all sorts of cheery florals popping up everywhere, I've been developing a deeper appreciation for the style of the '60s.  
Twiggy was one of the leading faces of the bright '60s look.
I made a display of 1950s and 1960s inspired décor to highlight the eras' vivid colors and patterns. My mom made the circular painting on the bottom shelf, and the sides of the shelves are lined with decorative papers from Michael's. The cat-eye glasses were a $2 Value Village find, and would make a great pair of sunglasses with some new lenses! A $0.99 milk glass vase, also purchased at Value Village, appears to be a fountain spout in a pond of multicolored jewellery.
I picked up this 1961 grammar book, which cost less than a dollar, at a book sale specifically for its mod cover.
Here's a close up of the display's coordinating Graceful Card.
 These chunky necklaces look extra bold hanging in front of pop art lips, originally a page from a Joe flyer.
(Finally, here's my stab at '60s wallpaper, available in my Spoonflower shop!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...