INSTAGRAM

Friday, June 28, 2013

Straw Hat Restoration

I don't wear hats very often so I can't call myself a "hat person", but I'm all for restoring something to its former beauty (and adding some extra beauty while I'm at it!). This dishevelled 1990s straw hat needed some TLC, so I made a few repairs.
I removed the damaged ribbon around the edge and replaced it with some mustard seam binding.
Now it's all set for summer use, and can be embellished in many different ways!
 
Here I whipped up some fabric flowers to decorate it with a gingham ribbon.
This version is reminiscent of a boater hat.
And oh hey, look! Another use for the multipurpose sash! Versatility is a great thing!
Something old can almost always be made fresh again with a little time and creativity!

2 comments:

  1. ohhh... i definitely love the second look. nautical things are my weakness. :)
    xx. marcia

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...