INSTAGRAM

Tuesday, March 04, 2014

Quick Tip: DIY Ruffled Edge Scarf

I've had this scarf for a few years and I love its bright color and airy texture, but the fringe always got tangled in my hair. It made for a generally ratty sight, so it frequently sat in my closet. Now that spring is around the corner I am obsessed with everything yellow. This time of year reminds me why it's technically my favourite color (I say technically because, in practice, I usually favour pink.) Anyway, I snipped those dangling strings right off and sewed down the two ends of the scarf to reduce the likelihood of it fraying. The scarf now has a slightly scalloped, ruffled edge, which I love because it looks like a daffodil!
How perfect for light spring outfits!


2 comments:

  1. Who would've thought that getting rid of some annoying fringe would result in something so pretty! Thanks so much for sharing!

    Xo,

    Elise

    www.w-t-fab.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's amazing how important details are! You're very welcome, Elise!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...