INSTAGRAM

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Clay

These are the first things I have ever made out of clay--a pedestal, doily tray, beads, and (quelle surprise) roses. Now I am totally in love with the medium!
There were a few cracks in the edges of the tray after it was fired so I filled them with plaster and then painted the whole thing white.
The "Robin's Egg Green" glaze took me a while to find, since I didn't expect it to be pink!
On the roses I used clear glaze, although I was similarly surprised when I opened the container.
The glaze on the pedestal makes it look like a chocolate chip cake--an unintentionally cute result!
The tray is going to display some of my jewellery so I gave it a gold rim.
I made these into robin's egg beads to use for a necklace or bracelet.
I will use the white roses to decorate my shelves, and the pink ones will be used as pendants.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...